Woo hoo for family time!
My parents are coming in town this weekend for two VERY exciting reasons! The first, I don’t want to say quite yet (dontcha hate when people do that?), but the second reason why they’re coming is because my mom and I are going to drive up to Cincinnati to go WEDDING DRESS shopping with Kevin’s mom and two of my bridesmaids – Kevin’s sister Alison and Sara!
I’m super nervous about dress shopping because I have NO idea what I want or what will look good. Also, I absolutely hate trying on clothes. When I go to stores, I typically buy whatever I think I’ll like, and try them on when I get home once I get in the ‘mood’ and if it doesn’t fit, I’ll return it later. I know, it’s so weird, but trying on clothes is the worst. My hair has static out of this world, my face turns red, I start to sweat, I always look pale in the mirror and it’s just pretty much the worst. So I’m really hoping that dress shopping goes better than a typical trip to Express. Any tips, ladies? 😉
Since we’ve finally have the opportunity to even THINK about weddings after crazy weeks at work, a vacation, the holidays, a lack of computer, and a move, I’m going to do another Wedding Wednesday post.
Book venue Book caterer and bar
- Meet with caterer for tasting – Scheduled in Feb.!
Book church Book DJ– Finally! Book photographer
- Wedding timeline/Must-have photos – Our photographer emailed us this week!
- Book videographer – Starting this process soon!
- Create wedding website – Will share in Feb. after blocking off hotels
Ask bridal party to be in the wedding
- Ask ushers/attendants/readers to be in the wedding
- Book bus/limo for in between ceremony and reception
- Bridesmaid dresses – I have one in mind, and we may look a bit this weekend
- Register – Waiting until we have a house
- Florist – We’re also going to do this in Feb.
- Figure out what to do in lieu of a wedding cake – we’re not big cake people
- Premarital classes – We found our church, we just need to talk to the priest
- Ceremony music – We need to call the church organist
- Buy wedding dress – Soon!
Buy wedding shoes
- Kevin’s attire – I won a free Men’s Wearhouse tux that needs to be redeemed!
- Order save the dates – Hopefully these will get designed in Jan.!
Finalize guest list– Done. We think.
- Figure out where we want to go on our honeymoon – Suggestions?
Wish me luck dress shopping.
Seriously, I sweat.