Not going to lie – I have been starving since I got to work this morning at 7:30 a.m. My wimpy bagel breakfast just did not cut it. All morning I thought about what I could make for lunch (I come home for lunch every day – so lucky I live close!). As soon as I walked in the door, I bolted to the fridge and found this –
How could I not make an egg, cheese and bacon sandwich? I have a little trick when I cook eggs (alright, its probably not a trick, just something I do) – I put the salt and pepper on the eggs while they’re cooking, not at the end. Yeah, definitely not a trick, I’m sure everyone does this –
Add the bacon (pre-cooked from baked potato soup the other night) and a slice of cheese (we should totally upgrade from American cheese slices to something fancier, but we’re poor recent grads). –
Lunch was exciting, but I have even better news! I finally got my iPhone! Remember a couple weeks ago when I was SO excited after I pre-ordered through Best Buy, and then SO disappointed after it didn’t come in? If you follow me on Twitter, you definitely heard me complain non-stop about it. Anyways, I finally gave up on Best Buy (I got an email from them saying it would be three more weeks – no way!) and went to the Apple store in town. Needless to say, I’m obsessed. It’s the BEST!
I downloaded the following apps per Twitter suggestions:
- Facebook (duh)
- Twitter (duh)
- Instagram (love!)
- Pinterest (obsessed!)
- Nike Training Club
- Mint (great budgeting tool!)
- Fantasy Football (per Kevin’s request)
- Words with Friends (I suck so Kevin plays for me)
- Angry Birds
- ESPN Game Center
- Fruit Ninja (my brother made me)
- A few magazines from the new iOS5 Newsstand app
Three last things:
1. Last night, I made this amazing filet steak from Tyler Florence’s recipe book I got at the library. It was SO good. Do you want to know what Kevin did with his steak? He ruined it. He put hot sauce on it, a slice of American cheese and stuck it in between two buns. I was in disbelief. Actually, I gagged.
2. David Perron, one of my favorite hockey players of all time, tweeted at me last night! I was totally kidding when I asked if he need a dog-sitter after he tweeted he was packing for a road game. Well, he either thought it was funny or I was weird because he tweeted back at me and said that he didn’t need me to dog-sit his dogs (okay whew, good because I have limited vacation days, people). Proof –
3. If the Cardinals do not win Wednesday night, don’t talk to me until spring.
Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to get back to Giada for the rest of my lunch break. Love her!