I feel like our entire lives are filled with house or wedding talk. House. Wedding. House. Wedding. Wedding. House. You get the picture.
While we’ve made progress on both ends (hello new patio furniture and new kitchen table that came yesterday and today! and hello dessert for the wedding finalized, bachelorette party destination set and save the dates ordered!), we needed a break from it all last night.
Enter: Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza!
Crispy bacon, just the way I like it, oozing ranch and cheese all atop a crunchy pizza crust.
- Pizza crust (I use Kroger’s dry mix that cost $.65 and I swear it takes like it’s homemade)
- 4 frozen chicken breasts
- 1 dry ranch packet
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 package bacon
- Place 4 frozen chicken breasts in crock pot along with chicken broth, 1/4 cup of ranch and 1 dry ranch packet
- Cook for 4-10 hours
- Shred chicken when done
- Cook pizza crust according to package (I cook mine at 450 degrees for 4 minutes to get it a bit crispy before adding toppings. No soggy pizza here!)
- Spread crust with the rest of the ranch
- Add cheese
- Add chicken
- Cook bacon and crumble
- Add bacon
- Add more cheese
- Cook for 10-12 minutes, or until cheese is melted
I mean, I love bacon. Who doesn’t? And cheese? And RANCH? Probably all of my favorite things in one bite.
In other news, I think we got our absolute FAVORITE house warming gift yet. Sorry mom, dad, Kevin’s mom, Jim and Sao and all of the others…Kirsten and Kevin warmed our house with a big ass container of nacho cheese from Sams!
We had them over for a taco night on Monday and you better believe we dug into that stuff right away.
I think…think…Kev and I are finished putting together furniture this week. One chair, patio furniture and kitchen table later and we never want to see a nut, bolt or washer again. Hopefully the couch is the last big piece of furniture we have to put together and then we’re left to small things…like curtains which I’m picking up tomorrow! Slowly but surely, it’s all coming along.
Who’s ready for basketball tomorrow? We’re rooting for Valpo, SLU, Mizzou and UC in our household! 🙂