Happy weekend! As bad as this sounds, but I am sad today is Friday because it is my very last summer Friday! Summer Fridays might be the best work perk of all time.
I used my time off to its fullest by watching too many episodes of SVU and taking a nap. We ALSO booked our plane tickets and hotel for our CRUISE coming up in December!! We were coordinating times/prices with Danny and Sara since they’ll be coming from Ohio and I think it’s going to work out perfectly. Wahooooooo!
This in 114 days. 🙂
In between working and booking flights, I made an absolutely KILLER dinner on Tuesday night. I don’t brag a lot about the food I cook (because the majority of the time it’s just alright) but this deserves some bragging.
A better version of Chicken Piccata with tomato and white wine linguine.
A better version of Chicken Piccata
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of flour
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp. lemon
- 2 tbsp. white wine
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Cut each chicken breast horizontal (to end up with six breasts)
- Mix flour, lemon zest, garlic powder and S&P
- Thinly coat each chicken breast in flour mixture. Shake of excess.
- Heat pan until butter is melted.
- Cook chicken breast for 2 minutes on each side (or until cooked thoroughly).
- Remove from pan and keep warm with foil.
- Add white wine, 1 tbsp. butter and scrape bits from bottom of the pan.
- Heat on medium high until bubbling, then reduce and add chicken to coat.
- Remove from pan, sprinkle with lemon zest (and parsley – optional) and enjoy!
Tomato and white wine linguine
Inspired from our date night a few months ago, I couldn’t help but try to recreate it!
- 1 box linguine
- 2 tsp. EVOO
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tomato chopped into small pieces
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. parsley
- Cook linguine per box’s instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat EVOO and garlic over medium heat.
- Add tomato and wine and saute until linguine is done (about eight minutes).
- Add linguine to pan, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and top with parsley and S&P.
I’m telling you. It’s delicious!!!
Speaking of delicious (but a totally different kind of delicious), I went to the I-Cubs game on Wednesday night with our friends Jess and Chris and of course, we loaded up on nachos and beer.
There is just something about ball park nacho cheese (which is totally unhealthy and gross but absolutely delicious at the same time). I was a lifeguard at Dellwood for six years and I think I ate that nacho cheese by the bags. And soggy nachos are the best.
After the game, we headed to High Life Lounge, which is a local bar downtown that is straight out of 1965. Shag carpet, Miller High Life, pot roast and more…it takes me back to
the good ole’ days 24 years before I was born. 🙂
Tonight, Jess is coming over for some margaritas and/or wine, girly movies/Sex and The City and last-minute crafts for Katie’s wedding!
I can’t believe we’ll all be in Boston a week from today! And tomorrow Kevin and I will be in St. Louis looking at wedding venues!