Happy happy Sunday! Sundays are the best, aren’t they? I mean, minus the whole the-next-day-is-Monday thing, I can’t find a thing I don’t like about a Sunday.
Weekends are always a little hectic around here with Kevin’s crazy schedule, but whenever we have a Sunday free and together, we try to spend it outside on the deck, under the lights and grilling something delicious. A few weeks ago, I had some bacon in the freezer and realized I could put together jalapeño poppers as an appetizer before dinner. Only problem? I forgot we didn’t have jalapeños. Oops.
But then, I saw green peppers in our fridge and decided I’d give it a go. Turns out, grilled bacon-wrapped green pepper poppers are fantastic!
Grilled Bacon-Wrapped Green Pepper Poppers
Serves: 2-4 (as an appetizer)
- 2 green peppers
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 container of bacon, cut in thirds
- Start charcoal, meanwhile, remove pepper’s seeds and slice into large slices
- Spread layer of cream cheese on each green pepper slice
- Wrap each piece of bacon around each slice, fasten with toothpick
- Grill for 5-7 minutes on indirect heat on each side, until bacon is cooked through
I hope you enjoy! We certainly did!