I’m in mourning, you guys. Summer is officially over after today. It flew by way too fast. We kicked off summer with a Memorial Day float, ventured out to Portland for a wedding, spent a few days in Cedar Point and ended it on the lake.
We did so many fun things, but perhaps my favorite part of summer has to be our deck. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, but sitting out on our deck, grilling out, listening to music is quite possibly, the best. And to end summer the best way possible, here’s a fantastic recipe which is the perfect thing to make while doing said thing above.
It’s a twist on my parent’s famous chicken wings, but slightly healthier because it’s not fried. Pair this with a side of warm, toasty bread and some roasted broccoli and you have yourself one. delicious. meal.
Grilled Spicy Chicken
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 2 slices of provolone cheese
- Marinade chicken breasts in hot sauce for 30 minutes
- Grill on each side for 6-8 minutes over indirect heat until cooked through
- Add cheese at very end to melt
So long summer. You’ll be missed.