We need to talk about my homemade Chick-fil-A chicken sandwiches for a minute. Well, quite honestly, it deserves it’s own blog post. Let’s not lie.
I was browsing Pinterest one evening, as usual, and came across a handful of Chick-fil-A sandwich recipes. I looked at all of them and one thing stayed the same in each recipe: the chicken was marinated in pickle juice. I had heard that was a rumor, but I didn’t think it actually could be true. I mean, Kevin HATES pickles, yet he loves some Chick-fil-A. I decided it was worth finding out myself, and well…you should be glad that I did.
Homemade Chick-fil-A Sandwiches
Slightly adapted from SkinnyMom.com
- Pickle juice
- 2 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lb. all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. hot sauce
- 1 tbsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- Frying oil (I used coconut oil)
- Trim and pound chicken breasts to even size
- Place in baggie with pickle juice. Marinate in refrigerator for an hour.
- Once marinated, mix together eggs and hot sauce in one bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together flour and the remaining spices
- Dip chicken breasts in flour mix and lightly coat. Dip in egg mix and dip in flour mix once more to throughly coat.
- Fry for 4-5 minutes on one side. Flip and fry on the other side until cooked through.
- Serve on a bun and with pickles.
Now I need to learn how to perfect the Chick-fil-A sauce!