Planes, Trains and Automobiles

Like the title of this post? That’s one of my favorite John Candy movies of all time and although I traveled a lot this week, thank goodness I didn’t have any of his troubles.

And I didn’t ride on any trains, but a bus counts right?!

Since I’m short on time as we are getting ready to walk out of our apartment to go FLOATING (aka – camping + a lot of drinking + canoeing, or “floating” down a river for those of you not from good ole’ Missourah and may call it something else), I’m going to just post a few pictures to give ya a nice recap of the week and little sleep I’ve gotten.

After getting back from South Dakota Sunday night, sleeping for two hours and catching a 6:00 a.m. flight, my plane got into San Antonio at 10 a.m. so I enjoyed a lovely lunch and dinner on the River Walk. And because I went to bed early, I ate dinner during “happy hour” so I snagged a real, agave nectar margarita for THREE DOLLA. Can’t beat that. More pictures and details of dinner to come – it was fab.

After some media stuff early Tuesday morning, I took the megabus (client) from San Antonio – Austin – Dallas and enjoyed the Wi-Fi and Starbucks on my trip.

Got to Dallas and headed straight to the House of Blues to set up for my client event. It was awesome.

When that event ended and I crawled into bed after midnight, I set my alarm for my 6:00 a.m. flight. That was fun.

And because I’m blessed with having really bad motion sickness, I popped a Dramamine (and I accidentally bought the regular formula, not the ‘less drowsy’ formula) so I crashed as soon as I sat down on the plane, which only had 12, TWELVE, rows. And I was in the 12th row. Did I mention I was having fun at this point?

When I arrived in DSM, I went home to change, drop off my bags and headed into the office. Crabby Gabby was an understatement at this time.

After work, I went to my friend Jess’ house for the bachelorette (which was the best episode ever – go Arie!) and hit the hay pretty early.

Last night, however, we all (meaning, me, Kevin, Jess, Chris and mine and Kevin’s friend Evan who was staying with us this week) decided it would be a great idea to go out for pizza and beer after our softball game. Pizza and beer quickly turned into doing two boots at Hessen Haus and then a couple rounds at Mickey’s Irish Pub after that. So going to bed at 1 a.m. last night, WHILE STILL HAVING TO PACK FOR CAMPING and go to work, was lovely.


Ergo, I’m going to take the longest, best nap ever on our drive to our camping spot. And I won’t be seeing you guys until Monday because I am UNPLUGGING for the weekend. Cya!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...