Valentine’s Day is next week and I will admit how much I really don’t like the holiday. It’s a pointless Hallmark holiday that involves chocolate (which I don’t like all that much) and candy (seriously, when are we going to have a holiday that involves giving people nachos?)
Even though Kevin and I don’t usually exchange gifts on Valentine’s Day, I am a self-labeled sappy schmuck. I cry at least once a day, but most days more often. (I’m a real gem.)
So, with Valentine’s Day being next week, I thought it would be appropriate to point out how to diagnose yourself as a true sap.
1. You cried at this picture. (source)
“This picture of Chicago Christians who showed up at a gay pride parade to apologize for homophobia in the Church.
(Michelle Gantner / Maladjusted Media)
… and the reaction from the parade.
(Michelle Gantner / Maladjusted Media)”
2. You actually considered leaving your house to go find this dog, who is somewhere on this earth, and bring it home. (source)
3. You were in awe of this (source)
4. You want to donate your entire paycheck to Stray Rescue and other no-kill animal shelters.
5. Jackson from the Biggest Loser. I seriously start bawling every time I see him on my TV screen. Go Jackson!
6. YOU WANT TO SQUEEZE THIS FACE.
Moral of the story – just because you don’t like Valentine’s Day dosen’t mean you aren’t a sappy schmuck. 🙂
In other news, do you want to know what makes me NOT a sappy schmuck?
Our water was shut off ALL day at our apartment, and it took me calling the office to find out that this was planned because they were doing work near the water pipes. We couldn’t shower, use the toilet or drink water all day long. I’ve never smelled so bad, had to pee so badly or was so thirsty in my whole life. Funny how that works!