I HAVE A RECIPE FOR YOU. It’s been, oh…TWO months? No big deal. Sorry, y’all. But really, it was worth the wait because these spicy chicken sandwiches are WHERE IT’S AT.
Don’t let deep frying scare you. Really, it’s so easy. Perhaps not healthy at all, but moderation is key, amiright?
Spicy Chicken Sandwiches
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups of vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 bottle of hot sauce (plain; not wing sauce)
- 1/2 stick of butter
- Dash of tabasco sauce
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Salt & pepper
- Pound chicken breasts to similar thickness
- Meanwhile, heat oil until hot (I test the oil by using the end of a wooden spoon; if it bubbles, the oil is ready)
- Combine flour, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper
- Combine tabasco sauce and milk
- Dredge chicken breast in flour, lightly
- Dump in milk mixture
- Dredge again in flour mixture, more heavily coated this time
- Fry two at a time (that’s all that would fit in my cast iron skillet) for 8-10 minutes until cooked through
- Meanwhile, mix hot sauce and butter in separate pan over medium heat
- Spread hot sauce on chicken, add bun and all the fixin’s, enjoy!
I promise you won’t be disappointed. Nommie nom nom nommmmmm.