We are LESS than two months away from the big day! While we have all of the big stuff out of the way, we’re working on some of the smaller, fun details.
Here we go! (Side note: none of you probably care to read this, and even though I am the Queen B of list-making, it strangely makes me feel good to cross off even more things from yet another list. It also makes me feel relieved to look at all of the things that have gotten done, rather than continue to write down things that still need to be done.)
Set date Book venue Book church Book DJ Book caterer and bar Meet with caterer for tasting Finalize guest list Create wedding website Book rentals Book photographer Book videographer
Figure out family photo groups
- Put together other must-have photos for photographer
Ask bridal party to be in the wedding Ask ushers/attendants/readers to be in the wedding Book bus for wedding party in between ceremony and reception Register
Decide on florist
Finalize flower order
- Figure out flower delivery
Figure out what to do in lieu of a wedding cake
- Place dessert-in-lieu-of-cake order – We don’t have to do this until 10 days before the wedding
- Premarital classes – We absolutely love our premarital classes! It deserves its own post. We only have one class left.
- Ceremony music – Need to schedule a meeting with the church organist for September when we’re in STL
Buy wedding dress
Figure out veil– Arrived today!
- Alterations – Going for my third/(final?) fitting when I’m in STL next month
Buy wedding shoes
- Break in wedding shoes – Work in progress
- Groomsmen attire – Dudes are in the process of ordering
Bridesmaid dresses Order save the dates Send save the dates Figure out where we want to go on our mini-moon/honeymoon Plan our honeymoon– This was one of the most fun parts of wedding planning so far!
- Figure out guest book – Kev-dog’s in charge of this one. Parts are ordered.
- Find wedding jewelry
- Find gifts for bridesmaids, groomsmen, parents
Find gifts for readers/attendants Book hair Book makeup Book hair/makeup trials Confirm hair/makeup time for day of Design invites Order invites Order envelopes Order return address label stamp Address envelopes Mail invitations– I think the most fun part of this wedding process is watching the RSVPs roll in! Order thank you cards Begin to plan out must-play music list
- Finalize must-play/do-not play music list
- Decide on our
first dance song/father-daughter/mother-son
- Finalize timeline – Worst part of wedding planning. Logistics, blah.
- Figure out ceremony music/musicians
- Create/print ceremony programs – Design in progress
Create hotel blocks Book wedding night hotel Help my momma find a MOB dress!– I’ll just say that she has…options. : )
- Buy garter
- Decide on place cards/make them
Wedding bands– Done and I want to wear it all the time! But I don’t, I promise. Create wedding favor
- Gift for Kev – Work in progress
Centerpieces Table numbers
- Print welcome bag information
- Make final meeting with photographer
- Make final meeting with DJ
- Book priest’s hotel
- Plan ceremony readings, songs, etc.